39. Add jump ropes and hula hoops to your holiday wish list!
40. Always have your gym bag packed and in the trunk/in your desk drawer at work/in your locker. No excuses, no time wasted— no reason to talk yourself out of working out, because, after all— you’re ready!
41. Going out of town for the holidays? Book a room in a hotel that has fitness equipment— and a masseuse, for after the workout.
42. Ask Santa for a gift certificate to a sexy pole-dance exercise class— and a red feather boa!
43. In fact, while you’re making out that holiday list, tailor it to fit your upcoming New Year’s resolutions and include new walking or running shoes, gym bag, mountain bike, sporty exercise outfits, and a few DVDs for stocking stuffers!
44. Jump for joy with a jump rope! Burn almost 700 calories an hour!!
45. Be a kid again and swivel your hips with a hula-hoop! Work it for half an hour and knock off 200 calories with a standard hoop, and up to 400 with a weighted hoop.
46. Invest in some great workout clothing, some kickin’ dance workouts, and some uplifting “power” music to keep you motivated. Work off stress and burn fat with your new Zumba or Bollywood DVDs; stay focused and visualize as you listen to your “up” music in the car, while walking, or wherever!
47. Did I mention protein? Well, make sure you have some at each meal. Protein keeps you sated. Grilled chicken made at home with fresh herbs: good. Fast-food french fries, saturated in questionable fat source, grabbed on the run after holiday shopping and subsequently missing lunch: bad.
48. Make your new watchword “homemade.” This way, you control the ingredients and preparation, the freshness and portions.
49. Be nice to yourself. Serve that lovely white fish, sautéed in ¼ cup water, with a splash of white wine, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, dashes of turmeric, black pepper and cayenne, on a lovely china plate, with a lemon wedge beside it. Toss a side salad in a light sesame seed vinaigrette. Pour a chilled 5-ounce glass of organic white wine, and light a taper candle. Bon apetit!
50. Log on to fitnessrxwomen.com and for support, advice, and to brainstorm more ideas to prevent weight gain this holiday season!