Good morning, FitnessRx Women! Today we are going to get an intense hamstring workout in. By following these two exercises, performing 7 sets each, your hamstrings will be smoked!
Hamstring development is so important for a balanced leg and symmetrical physique. Make sure to stretch, foam roll and get regular soft tissue work done to avoid injury and increase healthy muscular development!
Onto the Hamstring Workout!
Lying Dumbbell Hamstring Curl
(Prone position/face down)
7 sets/15 reps (30-second rest)
• Lying face down on decline bench, place dumbbell between feet
• Curl dumbbell up, contracting hamstring
• Keep tension focused in hamstrings
• Slow and controlled movements
• 30-second rest period in between sets
Stability Ball Single-leg Hamstring Curls
(Supine position/face up)
7 sets/15 reps per leg
• Lie face up on a mat
• Place both hands, palms down on the ground
• Elevate glutes off the floor, stabilizing your core
• Extend one leg directly over the ball while pressing opposite heel into stability ball
• Contract hamstring by pulling heel toward glutes, keeping opposite leg barely elevated above ball
• Repeat entire rep count for one leg, then switch legs
• Rest 30 to 45 seconds, then begin next set