Hey guys! This week, I wanted to talk about something that’s come up a lot lately! How do you get motivated in the morning when you’re not a morning person?
Personally, I have so much energy and motivation when I wake up! I understand, however, that getting the day started is a bit more challenging for others. First of all, let just say don’t feel bad if you’re not an early bird. It’s not that you’re lazy or anything like that. Your sleep schedule might just be off, you might be over caffeinated, or even stressed!
Below, I wrote a list of the top tips from my non early bird friends on how to get that jumpstart in the morning for a productive day.
• Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day if possible!
• Shoot for seven to eight hours.
• Stop drinking caffeine after 4 pm if possible!
• Try not to train after 8 pm so you have plenty of time to wind down.
• Try taking melatonin on a consistent basis at the same times each night.
• Write your itinerary/schedule a couple hours before bed for the following day and week, so you wake up with a vision of how the day is going to flow.
• When you wake up, try not to hit snooze more than once. Force yourself to sit up or stand up out of bed immediately. It may be a good idea to place your phone or alarm clock on the far end of your bedroom. This will force you to get up and turn it off.
• Have your alarm be a motivating song that makes you excited about starting your day!
• Keep fat burners next to your bed so when you wake up, you can take one immediately for energy!
• When you get out of bed, immediately do one minute of jumping jacks, mountain climbers, crunches, jump squats, or a brisk walk to get that blood flowing!
• Have your outfits set out the night before.
• When you wake up, do your makeup and hair with care and detail so you feel fresh and confident when you walk out of the door!
If you liked this article, or have any other tips you think help getting motivated in the morning, please leave me a comment on Instagram (@AshleyKfit) or Facebook! Would love your input! Until next week, have an awesome rest of your week!