It’s 5:00 a.m. You wake up, shower, get ready to go to work, work all day, drive home through traffic to take care of your dog or kids, cook up a meal, sit down to enjoy some TV and relaxation time, and before you know it, you’re exhausted and the day is already over! Where can you possibly find time for a workout in your busy schedule, right?
Well, I’ve listed some little tricks to help you incorporate some type of exercise in your daily routine so you can end the day on an good note feeling healthy and accomplished!
1. Go to bed earlier so you can get in some exercise before work! A walk, run, band workout, home video— anything really! I’ve always found that the sooner I get in a workout, the better the day gets afterward.
2. Keep weights, bands, a box step-up, a ball and even a piece of cardio equipment at home! The worst feeling is planning to go to the gym, and realizing you just don’t have enough time. Twenty to 30 minutes of a high-intensity workout at home is better than nothing, so have some equipment ready to go just in case!
3. Join a gym that minimizes travel time. The closer the gym is to your work or your home, the more often you’ll want to go! Going to the gym shouldn’t be a big time-wasting ordeal, so make it as convenient as possible for you.
4. Find a gym that’s open 24 hours or from 5:00 a.m. to midnight most days so that you don’t feel rushed or forced to work out with only 30 minutes left until closing.
5. Have workouts readily available on your phone or keep a schedule of all classes. This way, you’ll know exactly what you’ll be doing, what time, and feel more motivated to go having a plan!
6. Remember that your health, happiness and well-being are a priority. You can always find time to put yourself first… don’t feel guilty about it!
Hope this helps! Feel free to drop me a comment on my Facebook or Instagram, and let me know how you’re doing with your goals! For more tips and e-books, you can visit my website at ashleykfit.com!
Until next time, take care, beautiful!