Summer is officially here and that means my Summer Squat Challenge is kicking off soon. Over the course of the summer, I will be sharing with you different fun and effective ways to perform the magical movement, the squat. To join the full challenge and have the daily accountability and support, be sure to sign up for my Summer Squat Challenge, perfect for those looking for a fun challenge to keep you focused all summer long.
It is one of my favorite challenges of the year, and here is why …
1. NO GYM NEEDED! You do not need a gym or any machines to do your squats. There are a variety of squats that you can do with just your bodyweight and nothing more. Of course, variety and choices are important too. With 94 squat variations, you can see for yourself how creative you can get with this basic movement.
2.ANYWHERE! This is the BEST part: You can do them anywhere! It doesn’t matter if you are at home, the gym, the park, the beach or even shopping with friends— you can do your squats anywhere. Squats = No Excuses!
3. ANY LEVEL! It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or more advanced, you can do whatever variation you want, depending on your preferences. There are variations to meet wherever you are in your journey or how you are feeling on any given day. Feeling motivated? Add some weights, a resistance band or hammer them out all at once. Just starting out? Break up the squats into fewer reps and complete them in sets throughout the day.
4. EFFECTIVE! Squats are one of the most effective ways to sculpt, lift and build your booty. With so many variations, you can stimulate your booty in different ways to keep your body responding.
5. BIKINI SEASON. ‘Tis the season for rocking your favorite bikini and there is no better way to feel confident than a nice round, perky booty. You will be surprised how quickly you will see the changes to your backside with consistent attention to your squats.
6. CRAZY SCHEDULE. Summer means family vacations, kids are out of school and your schedule is often a bit more crazy than usual. You may slack with your workouts or find that you don’t have time to go to the gym or get in your home workout. OK, that may be a bit of a stretch, because we all have time to squeeze in a G-Fit circuit … BUT … I get it; things need to be a bit more flexible during this time of year. If you can commit to 100 squats a day, even if you don’t get in your usual workout, you are still doing something. Your daily efforts will surely add up, I promise!
7. IT’S FUN! If it isn’t fun, why do it, right? “Have fun” is our family’s first rule. If it is fun, you will keep coming back for more and enjoy your journey. There is something about squats as a group that is just FUN! You can even use the opportunity to get others involved. Grab a friend, grab a neighbor. Heck, grab a stranger. Just get it done!
8. LESS IS MORE. This has become one of the mantras I live by and preach because I have found it to work. We often tend to overextend ourselves and risk overtraining. People think you have to do more, when actually doing less can yield better results. Rather than focusing on more this summer, we are focusing on the basics— quality and consistency, so let’s get back to basics!
9. REIGNITES THAT FIRE. Feeling burnt out or ready for a change? It’s normal to crush your New Year’s goals, or at least be super motivated to crush them, but then the months go on and you lose steam. This is a perfect way to reignite that fire and get you re-motivated. Fun challenges do it for me and I know they will do it for you too!
10. KID-FRIENDLY! When I say anyone, any age, and anywhere can do squats, I am talking our tiny tots to our older folks. When my kids were little I was squatting with them in my baby carrier and now they are squatting with me because it’s fun.
There is no better way to get the entire family involved than a fun, family Summer Squat Challenge. It is a great way to get the family active and start to introduce exercise. Make it a game! When you set the example, and show them that exercise can be FUN, it is less of a “chore” and becomes a lifestyle. Imagine that— build a booty while you reinforce healthy habits of daily exercise … WINNING!
Let’s rock our Summer Squat Challenge and build a booty together!
Sign up and join the squat fun here: https://bit.ly/2EYwaHl