Serious trainers and competitive athletes know that recovery is key to achieving your goals in the gym and taking your fitness, performance and energy to an entirely new level. Using recovery products before and after a workout, competition or game allows the body to replenish energy and repair damaged tissue. Good recovery allows you to hit the gym or the field again completely recharged, with renewed energy that allows you to train even harder the next time. It could be said that the key to a good workout is a good recovery.
If you really want to perform better, you have to recover to the max. What do the world’s best athletes use daily to recover? They use a vibrating foam roller— but not your grandfather’s foam roller, but the next generation fitness roller that’s twice as effective for recovery compared to traditional foam rollers.
Improve Recovery and Flexibility
Few people know the importance of recovery better than Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir, CrossFit Games Champion who has been hailed as the “Fittest Woman on Earth.” Not only does Katrin excel in the sport, she also is a champion for recovery— something CrossFit takes a toll on. Katrin knows that vibrating foam rollers, such as Vyper 2, take recovery to an entirely new level— and provide deeper muscle activation, increased circulation, flexibility and reduced muscle soreness.
Katrin uses the Vyper 2 high-intensity vibrating fitness roller from Hyperice to optimize her recovery and stay in peak physical condition. The VYPER 2 is the next generation of the world’s most powerful vibrating fitness roller. The award winning VYPER 2 features three speeds of high-intensity vibration and a dual-zone smooth and grooved German engineered exterior. The VYPER 2 allows you to warm up, activate and recover faster and more effectively than any other roller— the same way Katrin does.
Train Like a CrossFit Champion
Here is a warm up and cool down routine that you can try while utilizing a VYPER 2, as used by CrossFit Champion Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir.
Set your VYPER 2 on setting 2 or 3 for activation. Using a higher vibration setting helps warm up underactive muscles, giving you optimal preparation for your workout routine. Start from the bottom up, beginning with your feet, and roll 30 seconds to 1 minute on each foot. Roll from the bottom of your foot (heel) to the top (toes) at a speed of 1 inch per second; ensure to hold on static areas, also known as trigger points. Repeat this routine with other muscle groups, focusing on areas you will be using during your workout— for example, focusing on your quads during “leg day.”
Set your VYPER 2 on setting 1 for cool down. This level of vibration helps reduce inflammation and muscle soreness. Follow the same method used during activation. Listen to your body’s tender spots and stay on those spots while applying pressure and deeply inhaling, then exhaling. Repeat breathing exercises twice before moving on to next muscle group.
Vibration Technology, 3-Speed High-Intensity Vibrating Fitness Roller
- Most powerful vibrating roller on the market. 2x more effective than regular foam rolling to warm up and actively recover. Increase range of motion by up to 40% (versus 18% increase with regular foam rolling).
- Three vibration frequency levels: 45, 68, 92 HZ. Settings transmit superior amplitude and vibration for physiological benefits.
- Maintains its superior amplitude and G-force even when body mass is applied (6.9, 7.8 and 8.8 G-Force).
- Vibration technology combined with battle-tested shell penetrates deeper for muscle activation.
- All-digital circuitry controls three high-intensity vibrating speed settings.
- Eco-friendly, polypropylene outer shell transfers maximum vibration with smoothed and grooved exterior design for a more customized roll.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries give over two hours of use per charge.
- Travel-friendly, TSA approved as carry-on.