Fall is in the air and you know what that means, pumpkins are making their comeback! I eat pumpkins year round but it’s this time of year I really start to crave everything pumpkin. I am quickly reminded of how much I love pumpkin everything! From pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin smoothies, to even burning pumpkin spice candles in the house, I love this time of year! I have been inspired to whip out my food processor and try some new recipes! These Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice Toasted Oat Muffins came out amazing! So moist and flavorful! I thought anything with Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Spice would be hard to mess up! ;) Not only were they a hit with the entire family but they have an incredible nutritional breakdown of only 150 calories per muffin! They make for the perfect anytime snack or pre or post workout treat! They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and good fats yet are very low in carbohydrates and sugar! Completely gluten free too, making them perfect for those following a gluten free diet. With school starting back up, they also make for the perfect kid friendly school snack! Give these a try and let me know what you think!
GINA’S PEANUT BUTTER PUMPKIN SPICE TOASTED OAT MUFFINS
3 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Devotion Nutrition Angel Food Cake Protein Powder)
1 cup oatmeal + 1/4 cup
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
5 Pumpkin Spice Flex Flavors
15 oz can pure pumpkin
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat your oven to 350F. Line muffin pans with muffin/cupcake liners or use a silicone muffin pan. If you are using a muffin tin or liners, be sure to spray with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl mix together the protein, 1 cup oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 4 Flex Flavors. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, add all other ingredients. Mix until well combined.
4. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and continue mixing with a food processor until fully mixed. Set aside.
5. Prepare a saute pan with non-stick spray. Add remaining 1/4 cup oats and Pumpkin Spice Flex Flavor and saute until golden brown. Set aside.
6. Pour the batter into lined muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full then top off each muffin with toasted oats.
7. Place muffins in the heated oven and bake for about 14-18 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
8. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Serve warm or room temperature.
Serving Size: 16 Muffins
Nutritional Info (per muffin)