School’s back in session and you know what that means— healthy after-school snacks are on my mind. It is so hard to find healthy snacks that aren’t loaded with sugar or refined carbohydrates. Over the summer, we had some fun in the kitchen coming up with some yummy recipes. My kids I have became obsessed with this guilt-free cookie dough recipe. It has become a popular snack in our house for the entire family. Now with school in session, it is the perfect after-school snack. Loaded with the perfect mix of carbs and protein, low sugar and less than 150 calories per cookie, these make a great go-to snack when you want something a little sweet. The best part is, there is no baking involved and the entire recipe takes only about 5 minutes to prepare. I hope you and your family love this guilt free cookie dough recipe as much as we do!
Gina’s Guilt-Free Cookie Dough
• 3 tbsp oats
• 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans (chick peas)
• 1/3 cup almond meal
• 4-6 packets of stevia (I used Creme Brulee and Peanut Butter Crunch Flex Flavors)
• 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
• 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
• 2 tbsp pure pumpkin
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Devotion Nutrition Angel Food Cake Protein)
• 2-4 tbsp chocolate chips (regular or Lily’s sugar free)
Rinse and drain garbanzo beans. Pulse oats in food processor. Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips, and puree until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips (if using) and place in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least an hour … the longer, the better. Enjoy!
Makes 8 cookies.
Fat: 6.9 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Carbs: 15.4 grams
Fiber: 3.4 grams
Net Carbs: 12 grams
Sugar: 2.8 grams
Protein: 7.6 grams