This easy high-protein recipe is a tasty way to get some healthy fish into your diet!
Benefits of Fish
• A great and tasty source of protein necessary for a fit diet.
• Omega-3s have many heart benefits and may help to reduce inflammation.
• Many studies show that omega-3 can reduce the symptoms of depression.
Benefits of Avocados
• Cardiovascular benefits: Avocado is a great source of monounsaturated oleic acid, vitamin E and phytosterols necessary for cardiovascular health.
• Weigh loss and fiber: According to The Mayo Clinic, fiber can help with weight loss, may reduce your risk of diverticular disease and may decrease symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Also, monounsaturated may aid in body fat reduction.
• Skin benefits: Vitamins E and C may help improve skin’s elasticity and firmness.
• Super food: Avocados are also a great source of fiber (between 11 and 17 grams per avocado!) and potassium. They also contain folate, vitamin A, beta-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin, another healthy carotenoid.
Half a pound of fresh red snapper, without bones
¼ cup of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
¼ red onion chopped
½ cup of chopped red tomatoes
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tsp oregano
Dash of Tabasco
4 tsp of cilantro
In a container place the fresh fish, the onion, the tomatoes, salt, Tabasco, oregano and lemon juice. Stir all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
Cut the avocado in half (remember to peel before). Put the fish with the mix in the avocado hole, add the cilantro, and serve this healthy, high-protein recipe.
If you prefer, add more Tabasco to this delicious ceviche.
Serving Size: 2
Protein: 25 grams
Carbs: 8 grams
Fats: 20 grams