Fall is officially here, and you know what that means— pumpkins and pumpkin spice are everywhere. It is amazing how quickly you shift from summer fruits to fall desserts. Within days, my house was infused by the smell of pumpkin vanilla candles, my kitchen smelled of pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin spice lattes are my new favorite treat. I couldn’t help but get right to baking some of my favorite fall pumpkin cookies. Each cookie is less than 100 calories and is the perfect healthy treat. Whether you want to enjoy them for breakfast or as an afternoon snack with your kids, these are so chewy and delicious. Here is my first recipe of the season, and I am excited to share many more of my fall pumpkin favorites. I hope you like these Chewy Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies as much as my family and I do. Enjoy!
Gina’s Chewy Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies
• 2 cups oatmeal
• 1/2 cup almond flour (almond meal)
• 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Devotion Nutrition Protein Angel Food Cake)
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1 whole egg
• 3 egg whites
• 6 Devotion Nutrition’s Pumpkin Spice Flex Flavors (optional; 1/4 cup of baking stevia can be used)
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
• chocolate chips (I used 1/2 cup Stevia Chocolate Chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients, except optional add-ins, in a bowl and mix well. Option to place in mixer, although not necessary.
3. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with coconut oil nonstick spray.
4. Fold in optional add-ins, if you decide.
5. Spoon dough onto cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool, and enjoy!
Makes 16 cookies
Serving: 1 cookie
*Does not include optional add-ins
Fat: 3 grams
Saturated Fat: .5 grams
Carbs: 9 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Net Carbs: 7 grams
Sugars: .8 grams
Protein: 5.8 grams