I’m a celiac— which means as a grain-free, allergy-ridden fitness freak with eyes on a bangin’ bikini bod, bread is something I usually miss out on. But not anymore!
Hellooooo ZUCCHINI COCONUT BREAD! I did it. It actually has the texture of REAL bread. It doesn’t fall apart and you can even spread things on it— and for those who are familiar with “healthy” breads, this is a big deal. This bread is vegan, paleo, low fat, low carb and high in those good omega-3 fats our bodies need.
ZUCCHINI COCONUT BREAD
2 medium zucchini
3/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup coconut flour
4 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp black cracked pepper
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
2. Grate the zucchinis on to paper towel in a bowl— this will drain out any excess fluid, meaning no soggy bread! Remove paper towel.
3. In a Bullet blender, blend the flaxseeds and chia seeds until completely ground. Add to bowl.
4. Add all remaining ingredients into bowl and mix until a dough-like consistency is formed. You may need to get your hands involved with this one to make sure it’s thoroughly mixed.
5. Place in a bread tin, sprayed lightly with coconut, oil and cook for 60 to 75 minutes.
6. If you don’t have a bread tin, why not make rolls? Roll dough into palm-size balls and cook on a baking tray for 20 minutes (cook time will vary on size, so check frequently after 15 minutes).
7. Leave to cool.
8. Once cool, get creative. You can spice it up however you like; smashed avocado is a must, maybe some freshly chopped radishes and hemp seeds? Ahhhhhh hell yessss! This bread is also insanely good toasted too.
9. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Recipes serves 12