Talk about delicious! This one will have you shocking guests when you tell them it’s free of any nasty things and waistline-friendly (yes, this is one of those “fat-is-your-friend” things). I’m telling you, it’s THAT good.
This is pretty much entirely made in a blender and takes no more than 20 minutes (excluding fridge time). I’m a complete sucker for an easy, low-fuss recipe, and this is one of them. Not to mention that it is paleo, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free and raw.
Remember, this guy is super dense, so it serves six. I love making mini single-serve cheesecakes in ramekins or cupcake trays because I love individual portioned desserts— it makes presentation and serving so much easier when having guests over for dinner.
MINI LEMON AND BLUEBERRY “CHEESECAKE”
2 cups raw cashews
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup frozen blueberries thawed (save a couple for topping)
3 tbs lemon juice
4 tbs coconut oil, melted
4 tbs of grated lemon rind
1/2 pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Directions: Cheesecake Filling
1. Soak cashews in water for a minimum of 20 minutes but ideally one hour. The longer you soak them, the creamier they will be.
2. Take soaked cashews (make sure you’ve drained them) and place them in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the blueberries, apple sauce, and lemon juice to the cashew mix and continue to blend until creamy.
4. Add all other ingredients to the mix and, that’s right you guessed it, BLEND AGAIN.
5. Your “cheesecake” filling should be super smooth by this stage. Place it in the freezer to cool down while you start the base!
Once again, all ingredients in the blender (different cup from the cheesecake mix; that would just be weird and ruin the magic that’s about the happen!). Blend until the mixture becomes like bread crumbs.
Putting It Together
1. Take cheesecake mix out of the freezer, try a bit— talk about delicious, right?!
2. Take a ramekin about two inches wide and two inches deep or a glass, and press 1/6 of the crust mix into the bottom for your base.
3. Spoon 1/6 of the cheesecake mix on top and spread the top smooth.
4. Top this bad boy with anything you like! I went with the semi lazy yet effective blueberries and lemon rind twist
5. Repeat this six times.
6. Place cheesecakes in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, and BOOM ready to serve. Prepare to have to have your mind blown.