There’s just something about doughnuts that I absolutely love! However, I don’t eat them that often because they are not exactly “healthy”…until now! My Vanilla Spice Donuts have no added sugar, only 130 calories and 6 grams of fat each; so now you can have one (or two) without a bit of guilt! Typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
VANILLA SPICE DOUGHNUTS
1/2 cup + 1 TB white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
1 scoop Jamie Eason vanilla Whey Protein Isolate Shake, or vanilla whey isolate of choice
1/2 TB baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Pinch cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 whole egg
2 TB coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 6-count doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar and let sit for a few minutes (this is a buttermilk substitute).
4. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, protein powder, stevia, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk substitute, coconut oil, and vanilla.
6. Add the egg mixture to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter is formed.
7. Use a pastry bag with a large round tip (or use a Ziploc bag and cut off 1/2 inch from a corner) to evenly pipe the batter into the 6-count doughnut pan.
8. Bake in oven for approximately 8 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of doughnut comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool approximately 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Option: use whey protein and sprinkle on top for powdered sugar effect. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT