If you’re scratching your head and thinking, “Meatballs on a skewer?” you’re probably not the only one! However, once you see how deliciously moist and flavorful these meatballs are, they will quite possibly become one of your new favorite staples! The beauty about this dish is that not only are they fun to make and to eat, they are very easy to pack and eat on the go. In fact, they pretty much have their own built-in fork! Give them a try, and I hope that you love them! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
TURKEY MEATBALL SKEWERS
20 oz. 99% lean ground turkey, raw
20 oz. 93% lean ground turkey, raw
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, with extra tomato slices for skewer
1/2 cup chopped red onion, with extra red onion slices for skewer
1/2 cup oats
1TB poultry seasoning
1TB garlic powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1.5 tsp salt
5 skewers soaked in water
How to Prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a large baking pan or cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until fully mixed (you can also put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand, but the results are much better with the food processor). Let chill for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Spoon the mixture into 15 equal portions. Roll each portion with the palms of your hands to form the meatballs.
5. Put 3 meatballs per skewer, alternating with tomato and red onion slices (optional).
6.Place the skewers, evenly spaced, onto the baking pan and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
7.Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and crisp on the outside and fully cooked through. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT