Fun and easy to make … pretty to look at … impressive to guests … delicious to eat! What sounds better than that? If you want to get this experience from your very own cooking, then my Tomato Basil Stuffed Chicken Breast is perfect for you! This beautiful dish looks a lot harder to prepare than it really is, thus impressing your guests (or just yourself for that matter). The tomatoes and basil cook inside the chicken, leaving it nice and moist, and provide awesome flavor. Combine this with the flavor and aromatics of the other seasonings and this is easily a chicken dish that can instantly become one of your favorites. Be creative and change up your filling ingredients in the future. It’s all about creativity when it comes to eating healthy and delicious! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work … and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
TOMATO BASIL STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
(4) 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
4 tsp. olive oil
4 small Roma (Italian/plum) tomatoes
4 fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place a piece of aluminum foil onto baking pan and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice tomatoes length-wise. Set aside.
4. Use a pounding mallet (or the back of a heavy spoon) to pound and flatten chicken breasts to approximate 1/2 inch thickness (don’t pound too hard to avoid breaking the chicken)
5. Drizzle 1 tsp. olive oil onto each chicken breast. Then, sprinkle each chicken breast with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese.
6. Arrange tomato slices to one side of chicken breast, allowing enough room to fold chicken over to create the pocket. Next, break up basil leaves and arrange on top of tomatoes.
7. Fold each of the 4 breasts in half lengthwise so the chicken forms a pocket around the mixture, and insert a toothpick onto each end to hold together.
8. Sprinkle tops with an additional pinch of salt/pepper, if desired.
9. Place in oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink and the tops are golden brown. Enjoy!
Tip: slice before serving so you can enjoy the beauty of this dish!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT