This week, Alli shows us how to make an Alli’s Slim Pickin’s recipe on video for the first time! Watch as Alli whips up her sweet potato lasagna. It’s a delicious, healthy pasta alternative that— as you’ll see— is super simple to make.
And stick around for the end of the video, when Alli shares a bonus Quick Tip on cooking with cinnamon to add flavor to any food!
Sweet Potato Lasagna
1 1/2 cups low-fat marinara sauce
2 lb. sweet potato, sliced lengthwise, approximately 1/8” thickness
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 tsp. each: sea salt and pepper
1 cup each: mushrooms, onions, red peppers – sliced
2 cups broccoli slaw
1 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 C.
2. Combine ricotta cheese, egg whites, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir well and then set aside.
3. Combine sliced mushrooms, onions, red pepper, and broccoli slaw into a separate mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly until veggies are evenly distributed. Set aside.
4. Layer 1/3 of the marinara sauce (1/2 cup) onto the bottom of a 9”x13” Pyrex pan. Then put a single layer of sweet potato slices to cover the marinara sauce. Then pour 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top of the sweet potato and smooth with a spatula to evenly distribute. Then layer 1/2 of the veggie mixture on top of the ricotta.
5. Repeat step #4 again, starting with the marinara on top of the veggies, then sweet potato, then ricotta mixture, then veggies.
6. Use the remaining 1/2 cup of marinara to cover the veggie layer. Lastly sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
7. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and put in the oven to bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft and tender. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.