Hi all! I’m going to go back to the basics of Alli’s Slim Pickins; the very premise upon which I built this brand. I’m taking a favorite food that is typically deemed “not so healthy” and Slim Pickinizing it to make it so! I will provide you a ballpark estimate of the nutritionals of the original version and compare it to my version ! I’m going to throw these in every couple of weeks and call it: “Slim Pickinized!” Therefore, whenever you see these words before the recipe, you’ll know what the drill is! Today I’m featuring an American favorite – the Big Mac®!
The very thought of this burger probably sends chills down your spine as you cringe with how unhealthy it is! Yet another part of you tries to stop your mouth from watering as you think about the big juicy burgers with that sauce – mmm that sauce – and how delicious it could be if it wasn’t packed with those excessive calories and fat. Well I’m here to solve this dilemma. I’m going to demonstrate how easy it can be to transform typically unhealthy recipes into mouth-watering, waist-friendly ones with the same flavor. This is so much fun☺
ENTER THE SLIM PICKINS ZONE! We’re recreating the Big Mac® and slashing those calories to smithereens! How much? I’m glad that you asked.
|100% Taste, 0% Guilt||Original Big Mac® w/ cheese||Slim Pickinized Big Mac® w/ cheese|
It’s amazing what a few simple tweaks can do! It’s all about creativity my friends and I’m excited to provide you with the know-how to do this on your own. Don’t be nervous to re-create some of your favorite recipes once you get the hang of it. You don’t have to suffer in order to eat healthy – it’s all about taste without the guilt. As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt!
It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
Slim Pickinized Big Mac®
4 oz 93% lean ground beef, raw
1 slice low-fat American cheese
2 lettuce leaves
6 pickle slices
2 TB chopped sweet onion
2.5 TB low fat mayo
1 TB pickle relish (if you can find the one sweetened with Splenda, use it!)
1 TB sugar free ketchup
1 tsp Dijonnaise
1/8 tsp ea: onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika
1 packet sweetener, i.e. stevia or Splenda
How to Prepare
- Form ground beef into two thin patties and cook on skillet over medium-high heat for approximately 10 minutes, flipping halfway through to brown both sides, until fully cooked.
- In the meantime, put all sauce ingredients into a small bowl and mix together well.
- Split open hamburger bun and put onto a plate. Spread half of the sauce onto each side of the bun.
- Once burgers are fully cooked, take one burger on put on the bottom half of the bun. Add half of the cheese slice. Then layer 1 TB chopped onion, then 3 pickle slices, then lettuce leaf. Remove second burger from pan and place on top of lettuce. Repeat process adding half cheese slice, onion, pickles and lettuce. Complete sandwich with the top half of the hamburger bun.
- Sink your teeth in and…enjoy! Yum!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.