There’s something that just makes me so happy about Snickerdoodles. Maybe it’s because I love saying the name (how could you say it without a smile?), or because the flavor is delicious, or is it because I made a healthier version? I’m going to say it’s definitely a combination of all of the above! My Skinny Snickerdoodle Cookies are a delicious treat that you can eat without feeling guilty! Why? They have fewer than 50 calories per cookie! The cinnamon and butter flavors combine with just the right amount of sweet to deliver a taste you won’t soon forget! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
SKINNY SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup vanilla whey powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup + 2TB granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
2 TB light butter (or you can use coconut oil) (softened)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 whole egg
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add flour, whey, baking soda, cream of tartar, stevia, and salt. Stir to mix well.
3. In a separate bowl combine butter, vanilla, and egg. Beat with a mixer (if you don’t have a mixer, you can beat with a whisk) until well blended.
4. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture a little at a time, continuously stirring, just until batter is formed (don’t overmix). Cover and put in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine stevia and cinnamon for the topping. Set aside.
6. Roll dough with the palms of your hands (slightly moist to prevent sticking) to form (12) 1-inch balls.
7. Roll balls in stevia mixture and place approximately 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Gently flatten dough balls with the back of a large spoon.
8. Bake for only 5-7 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft when removing from oven). Let cookies sit for 2 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks to completely cool. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT