Salted caramel treats are everywhere— from ice cream to lattes to candies— and they are absolutely delicious! The trouble is that they are typically loaded with excess sugar, fat and calories. However, I wanted to still be able to enjoy this amazing flavor combination without all those “extras” that my body just doesn’t need. So, I went ahead and created my Salted Caramel Mug Cake. It has the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and is satisfying enough to provide a dessert-like treat without the unnecessary guilt!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
SALTED CARAMEL MUG CAKE
Jell-O sugar-free caramel pudding cup
2 egg whites
3 TB oat flour
1 tsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. coarse ground sea salt
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (preferably casein for texture)
How to Prepare
1. Spray all sides of a mug (or your favorite microwaveable cup) with non-stick cooking spray. This will help the cake to form its shape as well as prevent sticking. Set aside.
2. Put pudding cup and egg whites in a bowl and fluff with fork.
3. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until ingredients are well blended.
4. Pour cake batter into the mug (make sure you get it all in there or you just lose precious bites of cake).
5. Microwave for 3 minutes or until cake is firm in the center. You can either let cool or eat it while it’s hot. Enjoy!
Option: top with a dollop of fat-free whipped cream or cream cheese (calories not included below).
Per cake (recipe makes 1): 270 calories, 33 grams protein, 29 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.