Sometimes the very sight of food is just as appealing and enjoyable as eating it. With this recipe, you will certainly be able to attest to that. My Rainbow Fresh Fruit Popsicles are so beautiful that you might find it somewhat difficult to eat them… until you realize that they are only 50 calories! What’s even better? There is no added sugar and zero grams of fat. These popsicles are perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth and quench your thirst on a hot summer day. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
RAINBOW FRESH FRUIT POPSICLES
Note: you will need a 6 x 4 oz popsicle mold and 6 popsicle sticks
How to Prepare
1. Dissolve sweetener in cup of warm water, stirring with a spoon. Set aside.
2. Put raspberries and 2 tsp. of the sweetened water into a food processor and puree until fully smooth (approximately 20 seconds). Pour into a bowl.
3. Repeat this process with the 4 remaining fruits, pouring each finished puree into a separate bowl.
4. Starting with the blueberry puree, spoon 2 TB into each of the 6 molds.
5. Put into the freezer for 20 minutes or until set.
6. Remove popsicle mold from freezer and put 2 TB of kiwi puree on top of the frozen blueberry in each of the popsicle molds.
7. Put back into freezer for 10 minutes or until somewhat set. Remove and insert popsicle sticks into the center of the kiwi puree, then put back into the freezer for an additional 10 minutes or until set.
8. Again, remove popsicle mold from freezer, put 2 TB of pineapple puree on top of the frozen kiwi in each of the popsicle molds, and put back into freezer for 20 minutes or until set.
9. Repeat this process with the cantaloupe and lastly the raspberries. Enjoy!
Note: If you are having difficulty removing the popsicle from the mold, simply dip the mold in warm water for a few seconds until the popsicle loosens.
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT