It’s pumpkin season— what a perfect time for my Mini Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cream Pies! Not only are my cream pies absolutely delicious, but also they have less than 2 grams of fat per pie! What’s more, they have about 10 grams of protein per pie and no added sugar! They’re so good that I put the suggested serving as two pies, because it’s hard to stop at just one!
Now, typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention, and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work…and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
LOW-FAT PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL CREAM PIES
3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 overly ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup Jamie Eason vanilla 100% Whey Protein Shake, or vanilla protein of choice
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup granulated stevia, plus extra for topping
1 TB cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp. salt
3/4 cup Jamie Eason Vanilla 100% Whey Protein Shake, or vanilla protein of choice
3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
Pinch salt, to taste
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, banana, egg whites, and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together oats, whey, flour, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, powder, and salt. Slowly add to large bowl with pumpkin mixture, stirring continuously until all ingredients are mixed and dough is formed.
4. Scoop into 24 balls onto baking sheets coated with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with extra stevia.
5. Bake for 5 minutes in preheated oven. DO NOT OVERBAKE or the cookies will come out dry.
6. Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely. While cookies are cooling, combine cream filling ingredients and mix well. Once cookies are fully cooled, divide mixture amongst 12 cookies, scooping onto the underside. Take the remaining 12 cookies and place underside onto the cream filling to form 12 sandwiches. Put in the fridge and let cool for at least 20 minutes to set. Enjoy!
Per 2 cream pies (recipe makes 6 servings): 230 calories, 19 grams protein, 32 grams carbohydrates (5 grams fiber), 2.5 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.