What’s better than banana bread? Pump’d-up Banana Cakes! Why? Because you still get all the flavor of banana bread, without the excess calories, sugar or fat. I added pumpkin to make these cakes even more moist with the added benefit of extra fiber. Each of these cakes has 4 grams of fiber to satisfy your hunger and keep those cravings at bay. The banana slice in the middle adds an extra special cheat-like texture that you will just love to sink your teeth into. With only 140 calories, 1 gram of fat, and 8 grams of protein per cake, go ahead and enjoy guilt-free!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
PUMP’D-UP BANANA CAKES
1 cup oat flour (or you can use regular oats and grind them into flour)
2 TB coconut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. sea salt
1 TB cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
8 packets stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
2 large bananas
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup egg whites, lightly beaten
1/3 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
1 TB vanilla extract
How to Prepare (so simple!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a 6-cup muffin tray (I used a fancy mold, but you can use a plain jumbo muffin tray) with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Mash one banana and cut the other one into 6 even size pieces. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia together.
5. In a separate large bowl, mix the mashed banana (leaving out the 6 pieces), pumpkin, egg whites, applesauce, and vanilla until well blended.
6. Gradually stir the dry blended ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and continue to stir until a smooth batter is formed.
7. Pour the batter evenly into each of the 6 muffin forms. Take the 6 banana pieces and put one each into the center of the batter in each of the muffins.
8. Put in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the side of the muffin (don’t stick through the banana) comes out clean. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT