Belated Happy 4th of July! The holiday might have passed, but the weekend lies ahead. Are you going to a barbecue and want to bring something that is fast, festive and delicious, yet light enough that even you would eat it? How about something that is super easy to make? I think I have just what you need to kick off the firework celebration— starting with your taste buds! This Patriotic Pound Cake is as simple as it gets with only five simple ingredients, so you can spend less time prepping and more time enjoying the great outdoors and the beautiful fireworks! What’s more? It contains fewer than 200 calories per serving!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about swapping not-so-healthy ingredients with a healthy alternative without sacrificing flavor! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt!
It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Let’s make it happen…
5-ingredient PATRIOTIC POUND CAKE
- 1/8th portion of 12 oz. fat-free pound cake
- 4 TB fat-free whipped cream
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 tsp lemon extract
How to Prepare
- In a mixing bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries and lemon extract. Mix gently to coat the berries. Set aside.
- Cut the pound cake portion into 2 slices.
- Place one slice on a plate. Layer half of the berries, then half of the whipped cream on top.
- Now place the second slice on top of the whipped cream and repeat with the other half of the berries and whipped cream.
- Yup— that’s it! It’s so simple, yet so delicious! Now go and enjoy those beautiful fireworks! (After you scarf down this dessert, of course.)
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per recipe: 195 calories, 2 grams protein, 45 grams carbohydrates, 0.5 grams fat
If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.