What’s better than a tasty, cakey, frozen treat that you can enjoy as the weather heats up? One that you won’t need to turn on your hot oven to bake! My No-Bake Chocolate Cake Pops are the perfect size to satisfy your sweet tooth and keep that waist nice and trim. We know that it’s hard to eat just one of anything, but in this case I actually encourage it! My serving reflects two cake pops— yes, two cake pops— for only 150 calories and less than 3 grams of fat, with a whopping 17 grams of protein! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE CAKE POPS
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60)
2 TB coconut flour
3 TB white rice flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 packet stevia extract (or your favorite sweetener)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup Muscle Egg Chocolate egg whites
pinch salt (optional)
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60)
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 packets stevia extract (or your favorite sweetener)
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 TB unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
How to Prepare
1. Put all cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until a smooth batter is formed.
2. Coat a microwaveable safe shallow bowl (even a Tupperware would do) with non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into the bowl. Use a spatula to get all of it.
3. Microwave for 3-3.5 minutes or until the cake is firm in the center.
4. In the meantime, mix all icing ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until nice and smooth. Set aside.
5. Remove cake from microwave and use a potato masher (or if you don’t have one, a fork will do) to mash the cake into tiny crumbs. Note— the more crumbly you get the cake, the better the cake balls will form.
6. Add the plain Greek yogurt and almond butter and mix very well.
7. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll into ball shapes with your hands.
8. Stick a cake pop into the center of each ball and roll the balls into the icing mixture to coat evenly. Drop a few chocolate sprinkles on top.
9. Put on a cookie sheet coated with non-stick spray and freeze for at least one hour, or until the coating is solid.
Note: You will not need all of the icing to coat the cake pops (what you do with the leftovers can be your little secret).
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT