How delicious is lasagna? The only downfall is that it’s packed with tons of carbs and fat which equals a ton of calories! Well, how can we still get the best of both worlds and still be able to enjoy it without all these excess calories? Just stick with me, I’ve got you covered. My Low-fat Lasagna Cups will satisfy that decadent craving and have less than 200 calories per serving! What’s even better? They have only 12 grams of carbs, 6 grams of fat and a whopping 22 grams of quality protein. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work…and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
LOW-FAT LASAGNA CUPS
3/4 lb. extra lean ground beef (you can sub turkey, or omit for a vegetarian dish)
1/4 cup minced onion
1.5 TB fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tsp. garlic, crushed
1/2 cup marinara sauce (w/ approximately 60 calories per 1/2 cup)
2/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1 egg white
salt and pepper, to taste
12 won ton wrappers
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Coat a 6-cup Jumbo muffin tin with non-stick spray. Set aside.
3. Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, basil, and garlic. Cook until browned, crumbling the mixture with a large spoon or spatula as it cooks.
4. Add marinara sauce to the beef and stir well; remove from heat.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheeses, and egg white with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
6. Arrange 1 won ton wrapper into each of the 6 muffin tins, pressing carefully to ensure that they do not tear. Put 1 heaping TB of cheese mixture, then top with approximately 1 TB of meat sauce, then 1 TB mozzarella; repeat with one more layer of each (won ton, cheese, meat sauce, mozzarella).
7. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT