Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner! With that said, perhaps you’re planning a get together with family and friends and are looking to bake something that is perfectly seasonal, delicious, yet still healthy. Well, then I have got the perfect recipe for you! These Jumbo Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes are so flavorful, moist and satisfying with a savory frosting that will make it hard to eat just one (even though they are huge!). The best part is they have only 135 calories and 2 grams of fat per cupcake, so go ahead and have another one (or be generous enough to share the mouth-watering goodness… it is the season of giving thanks, you know)! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
JUMBO FROSTED PUMPKIN CUPCAKES
1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 small banana, mashed
2 TB unsweetened applesauce
3 TB avocado
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 TB pumpkin pie spice (or substitute with 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. ginger)
3 TB granulated stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
1/4 tsp. salt
How to Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put a baking cup into each mold in a six-cup jumbo muffin pan. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, blend pumpkin, banana, applesauce, avocado, egg whites, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Add whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, stevia, and salt and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
4. Evenly scoop the batter into each of the six cups and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
5. While the cupcakes are in the oven, put frosting ingredients into a mixing bowl and whip until the frosting is smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
6. Remove cupcakes from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Once cool, frost each cupcake and… Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT