This dish is perfect for those hot summer days when you just don’t want to be stuck cooking inside a hot kitchen. My Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Stuffed Avocados are a super easy meal that requires very little preparation. They create a beautiful presentation, just perfect for your outdoor get-togethers and cookouts. What’s even more, there’s practically no clean-up required! So get outdoors and enjoy those summer days while still eating delicious, healthy food. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
HAWAIIAN GRILLED CHICKEN STUFFED AVOCADOS
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 ripe avocados (200g)
1 tsp. crushed garlic
2 TB lime juice
2 TB fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
How to Prepare (SO SIMPLE!!)
1. Fire up your grill and cook the grilled chicken until no longer pink and fully cooked through.
2. While the chicken is cooking, slice your avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pits, and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl. Be careful not to break the avocado skin, as these become your bowls. Put the avocado skins to the side.
3. Add the garlic, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the avocado and mix until smooth and well blended.
4. Scoop ¼ of the mixture into each of the 4 avocado skins. Set aside.
5. Dice the grilled chicken and pineapple, and half the cherry tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Divide evenly on top of the avocado mixture into each of the skins. Grab a fork and enjoy!
Per avocado half (recipe makes 4): 280 calories, 27 grams protein, 12 grams carbohydrates (7.5 grams fiber), 16.5 grams healthy fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.