It’s almost that time of year when apple pickers will be in full swing for the harvest season. That’s right, as crazy as it seems, fall is just around the corner. With that, I’m bringing you a super simple recipe that you can make for breakfast or any time of day. My Harvest Apple Spice Pancakes are perfect when you’re in the mood for a warm and hearty breakfast. They are also great chilled or at room temperature, so make them in advance, put in Tupperware or Ziploc bag, and eat on the go. Wait until you see how easy and delicious this recipe is; the hardest part is putting all the ingredients in the bowl.
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
HARVEST APPLE SPICE PANCAKES
1/3 cup whole wheat OR oat flour
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. each: ground cloves, ginger, nutmeg
1/4 cup finely chopped apple
1/3 cup almond milk
1 whole egg
1/4 cup egg whites
1 TB plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 TB water
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
How to Prepare (so easy!!)
1. Put ALL (yes, ALL) ingredients in a bowl and mix together until a smooth batter is formed. (Depending upon protein powder used, batter might be thick; if so, add additional water 1 TB at a time until batter is pourable). Set aside.
2. Coat skillet lightly with non-stick cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. Allow to heat up for approximately 30 seconds. (Depending how big your skillet is, you might need to repeat this process to cook all pancakes).
3. Pour batter slowly onto heated skillet to form approximate 3-inch round pancakes. Fit as many as you can at one time so you can eat sooner!
4. Let cook for approximately 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top of pancake and underside is nice and brown. Once this occurs, flip pancakes over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are firm and underside is also browned. Stack on a plate. (Repeat this process until all batter is used).
5. Grab a fork and dig in to your stack of pancakes. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT