Labor Day is upon us, which usually signals the last of our outdoor cookout gatherings. With that, why not go out with a bang and light up your guests’ taste buds. My Fiesta Taco Salad is loaded with a variety of flavorful ingredients and textures that make this dish stand-alone. The best part is that you can serve it as a side dish or simply add your favorite protein, such as grilled chicken or steak, and it becomes a meal in and of itself. It is so easy to prepare and cleanup is a cinch, so you don’t have to worry about losing any precious time hosting your final summertime gathering. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
FIESTA TACO SALAD
(2) 15-ounce cans low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
15-ounce can no salt added whole kernel sweet corn, rinsed and drained
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 each: yellow and green bell pepper, finely diced
2 TB cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup lime juice
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. each: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin
1.5 tsp. salt
4 TB granulated stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
1 large avocado, chopped
How to Prepare (so easy!)
1. Combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro into a large mixing bowl and mix well until thoroughly combined.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, chili, cumin, salt, and stevia. Mix well and pour over the black bean mixture.
3. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Put in refrigerator for 3 hours to allow all the flavors to develop.
4. Approximately one hour before ready to serve, remove bowl from the refrigerator and gently fold in the chopped avocado, being careful to avoid mashing the avocado. Let sit until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Tip: serve as a side dish to your favorite protein, such as chicken, steak, or shrimp… OR cut up into bite size pieces and add right to the salad!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT