If you avoid egg salad because you typically find it loaded with tons of mayonnaise but absolutely love the taste, well I have got the perfect recipe for you! I have taken your typical egg salad and replaced the high-fat mayo with a low-fat Greek yogurt, and I am pretty certain that you won’t miss that fat one bit! Also, if you don’t want to eat it on bread, I have lightened it up a step further by serving it in a ripe tomato. This dish is packed with flavor, is absolutely delicious, and is perfect for summertime with only 120 calories and 1 gram of fat per stuffed tomato!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
EGG SALAD STUFFED TOMATOES
3 large fresh tomatoes
1-1/2 cup Muscle Egg plain egg whites
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 TB green onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 TB Dijon mustard
1 tsp paprika
2 TB dill relish
Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
How to Prepare
1. Spray a microwave-safe bowl with non-stick cooking spray, pour in the egg whites, and microwave for approximately 90 seconds, or until the eggs are fully cooked.
2. Put in the fridge and let cool for approximately 30 minutes.
3. In the meantime, carefully core and gut the tomatoes, leaving ¼ inch of tomato around the sides. Set aside.
4. Remove the eggs from the fridge and add to food processor with celery, green onion, yogurt, mustard, and paprika (if you don’t have food processor, you can mash with fork, but I prefer consistency with food processor). Mix until smooth.
5. Add the dill relish, salt, and pepper and give a quick grind (just a couple seconds) to blend together.
6. Divide and scoop the egg salad mixture evenly into each of the three tomatoes. Garnish with piece of green onion if desired for presentation. Enjoy!
NOTE: You can serve as a side dish or simply enjoy as a light snack or appetizer for a summer get-together.
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT