It’s amazing how quickly the Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone! I’m sure that you celebrated with close family and friends or perhaps you prepared a festive homemade meal for yourself. There are certain staples that make my holiday meals complete— turkey, sweet potatoes and cranberries to name a few. Whether you still have any leftover cranberries from your holiday feast or you simply want a delicious and healthy treat, give my Cranberry Walnut Oat Muffins a try!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CRANBERRY WALNUT OAT MUFFINS
2 very ripe bananas, mashed (if not ripe, mash extra well)
3 TB egg whites
1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (or melted)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 TB vanilla extract
1/3 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups oats
1/2 cup vanilla casein protein powder
1 TB baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1/3 cup walnuts, quartered
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 12-cup (or two 6-cup) jumbo muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk and mash together bananas, egg whites, coconut oil, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add stevia, flour, oats, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and whisk until well blended. Next, gently fold in cranberries and walnuts.
4. Evenly divide the batter into each of the muffin cups. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
5. Remove muffins from oven and cool on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT