How adorable are these Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Ghost Cupcakes? They have a layer of chocolate and a layer of pumpkin spice cake, topped with a marshmallow that becomes a little ghost. Not only will they be a hit for Halloween, they have fewer than 200 calories per cupcake! Happy Halloween!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN GHOST CUPCAKES
CHOCOLATE BOTTOM LAYER
1 scoop Jamie Eason chocolate Whey Protein Isolate Shake, or whey isolate of choice
1/4 cup oat flour (you can substitute rice or whole-wheat flour)
1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup granulated stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
2 egg whites
2 TB unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
PUMPKIN TOP LAYER
2 scoops Jamie Eason vanilla Whey Protein Isolate Shake, or vanilla whey isolate of choice
1/3 cup oat flour (or you can use regular oats and grind them into flour)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
1 whole egg
2 TB unsweetened applesauce
1 TB plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 TB coconut oil (softened)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 scoop Jaime Eason Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate
Chocolate icing pen
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray six-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Combine all chocolate cupcake ingredients in a bowl and mix well until nice and smooth. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, combine all pumpkin ingredients and mix well until nice and smooth.
5. Evenly pour chocolate batter first into each of the muffin cups. Next, evenly pour pumpkin batter over the top of the chocolate batter.
6. Put muffin tin into oven for roughly 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and tops are firm.
7. While cupcakes are baking, draw two eyes and mouth with chocolate icing pen onto each of the marshmallows.
8. Remove cupcakes from oven and immediately, but gently, press one marshmallow onto the top of each cupcake while they are still hot.
9. While cupcakes are cooling, combine one scoop vanilla whey with just enough water to make a drizzle. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, drizzle the top with the protein blend. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT