I walked past an ice cream parlor at a local mall and saw the most beautiful chocolate peanut butter ice cream parfait. I’m not going to lie— I actually stopped to admire it. With that, it was in my mind all day so I knew what I had to do… it was time to get to my kitchen and remake this decadent dessert into something that I wouldn’t feel guilty eating! Well, that’s just what I did and now I’m bringing it to you. My Chocolate PB Protein Parfait utilizes one of my prior recipes (Devil’s Food Mug Cake) to combine layers of moist chocolate cake, with creamy vanilla yogurt, and chocolate peanut butter yogurt. It has only 14 grams of carbohydrates, 6.5 grams of fat, and a whopping 30 grams of protein per serving! Dig in… the only thing that’s sinful is the taste!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CHOCOLATE PB PROTEIN PARFAIT
How to Prepare
1. Prepare the Devil’s Food Mug Cake according to my instructions (see link above), then set aside.
2. Divide the yogurt in half and put half of a cup each into two small bowls to make the vanilla and chocolate peanut butter yogurt separately.
3. For the chocolate peanut butter yogurt, add the cocoa powder, 2 packets of stevia, a tiny pinch of sea salt, and peanut butter. Mix well to thoroughly combine until mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
4. For the vanilla yogurt, add 2 packets of stevia, a tiny pinch of sea salt, and the vanilla extract. Mix well until mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
5. Now comes the fun part! Take half of the mug cake and crumble it into the bottom of a tall parfait glass (if you don’t have a parfait glass, a regular glass will do just fine!). Next layer half of the chocolate peanut butter yogurt, followed by half of the vanilla yogurt. Repeat this process with the remaining mug cake and yogurt mixtures.
6. Put in the fridge and let set for at least 30 minutes. Then, grab a big spoon and dig in! Enjoy!
Option: Get fancy and top with some crushed peanuts, carob chips, and/or fruit (nutritional information wit toppings not included below)
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT