Remember Nestle Bon Bons? They were delicious little bite-sized chocolate covered ice cream pieces that were extremely addicting (meaning hard to eat just one)… at least for me they were! The problem with these adorable treats is that they were packed with fat and sugar. They no longer exist, so I decided to recreate a healthy version. My Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Bites are so delicious and satisfying… and the best part is that you can eat all 8 bites for only 220 calories! Packed with 18 grams of protein and healthy fats, these are great before bedtime when you’re looking to satisfy that sweet tooth!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CHOCOLATE COCONUT ICE CREAM BITES
Note: You will need a melon baller for this recipe
How to Prepare
1. Put shredded coconut onto a paper plate, set aside.
2. Put 2 TB of room temperature water and the coconut oil into a small microwaveable safe bowl and put in the microwave for approximately 15 seconds, or just until the coconut oil is softened. Mix well to blend the water and coconut oil together.
3. While continuously stirring, add the protein powder to the coconut oil mixture until smooth. If mixture is not smooth and liquid (like a hot fudge consistency), add warm water by the tsp. until this consistency is reached.
4. Don’t take the Arctic Zero out of the freezer until the above two steps have been completed, as you will need it to be very hard. Using the melon baller (mine yields 1 TB Arctic Zero per scoop), scoop out an ice cream ball (if the Arctic Zero is too hard to scoop, just heat the scoop in hot water before for a few seconds before scooping). Next, roll the Arctic Zero ball in the protein bowl to coat and then roll in the shredded coconut flakes to coat. Repeat this 7 more times to form 8 bites (1/2 cup Arctic Zero in total).
5. Put the ice cream bites into the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set. Enjoy!
NOTE: Feel free to change it up and use whatever your favorite ice cream or protein powder flavor is!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT