If you haven’t ordered these at your favorite Japanese restaurant, you are missing out! Perhaps the thought of a rich, high-cal peanut butter sauce is causing this avoidance. Well, I’ve got a perfect solution for you! You get a triple benefit of having a low-fat peanut sauce, the ability to make them at home, and they are absolutely delicious! (They are even amazing when eaten cold!)
Typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention, and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CHICKEN SATAY SKEWERS
You will need: 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes (to prevent burning while broiling)
How to Prepare
1. Marinade chicken: mix together cubed chicken breast, yogurt, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper in a small bowl until well mixed and chicken is coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. While chicken is marinating, mix together all peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to Broil temperature setting and place top oven rack closest to the broiler.
4. Once chicken is finished marinating, remove from fridge and evenly divide the chicken pieces onto each of the 4 skewers.
5. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Place skewers onto foil and broil for approximately 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is lightly browned on the outside and fully cooked through (watch carefully, as you don’t want to burn your chicken given the high temperature setting).
7. Remove chicken from oven, give your dipping sauce a good stir…then dip and enjoy every low-fat bite!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT