Have you been busy since last week? I’m sure that you have. I hope that means you enjoyed the convenience of my yummy Bacon n’ Eggwich breakfast sandwich featured in last week’s recipe! If you haven’t already, get busy people because I have another convenient recipe for you to make this week that you can enjoy on the run. Not only is this recipe delicious and unique, the best part is that you can toss these muffin-like quichettes in to your bag and eat on the go go go! What’s more, you won’t even believe how amazing these smell when baking in the oven. No more grabbing fast food on the run that can destroy that amazing physique that you have worked so hard for in the gym; I’m here to provide a delectable recipe so you can eat like a king (or queen) while maintaining your busy schedule! You can still eat healthy, despite your many obligations; all it takes is a little preparation….I’m going to prove that to you: "Alli’s Slim Pickins!" 100% Taste, 0% Guilt
Today I’m bringing you an easy, mouth-watering recipe that you won’t soon forget: Chicken Florentine Quichettes! That’s right – a whole meal in a lil muffin-like quichette! The fluffy egg-whites and chicken, combined with the creamy yogurt and cheese, all seasoned perfectly with a blend of spices and veggies provide a satisfying, hearty meal that you won’t soon forget. Share with your family and friends, or freeze for leftovers; they are just as amazing once defrosted! Ok, you can stop kissing the screen! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! You ready? I am! Let’s make it happen!
Chicken Florentine Quichettes
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed
1/4 cup diced tomato
1 tsp ea: garlic powder, basil
1/2 tsp sea salt
6 oz cooked white meat chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
1 1/2 cup egg whites
6 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 reduced fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup coconut flour
How to Prepare
(makes 6 Quichettes)
- Preheat oven to 350 C.
- Spray a 6-jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat until melted and then add chopped onion, spinach, tomato, garlic and salt. Cook approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, put chicken, egg whites, yogurt, cheese, and coconut flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir well until ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- Once the veggie mixture is browned, add to mixing bowl with the egg white mixture and whisk or stir with spatula until all ingredients are well blended.
- With a large spoon, distribute evenly into the 6 muffin cup tins.
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 40 minutes, or until cooked through and browned on top. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per serving (serves 1): 296 calories, 35 grams protein, 31 grams carbohydrates, 3.5 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.