How often have you looked in a bakery case or seen an ad for a delicious food and automatically get a negative feeling writing it off as “it probably isn’t that good anyway.” Deep down inside, you really want to take a big bite but know that the item is just loaded with excess fat, sugar and calories that you don’t want to put in your body. I don’t blame you! However, did you ever stop and think how you could have the taste of those treats without actually eating them? What does that mean? It means that I’m here to help you switch your mindset from deprivation to creation! Instead of feeling that you wish that food wasn’t bad for you, create the flavor using food items and healthy ingredients that you already eat! Let me give you an example.
I’m walking through Costco and I pass the bakery section— the smell is just absolutely incredible! What was the culprit of the hour? Cheese danishes! They looked so delicious, particularly the cherry cheese danish. So, I went right home and changed my egg white omelette to mimic the flavor of this danish that was just swirling around in my mind. Yes, I’m sharing that with you…don’t be afraid to create some of your very own recipes— be bold, be daring, be you!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you crave by simply recreating the foods that you currently eat to mimic the “forbidden” flavor. I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about creativity and fun with flavor! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt!
It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Let’s make it happen…
CHERRY CHEESE DANISH OMELETTE
1 tsp coconut oil
6 egg whites
2 TB fat-free cream cheese, softened
2 TB unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
1TB tart cherry juice
2 TB unsweetened almond milk
6 sweet cherries, pitted (if using canned or frozen, make sure unsweetened)
2 TB sugar free maple syrup
How to Prepare
- Spray medium-large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1 tsp coconut oil to pan and set aside on burner (don’t put flame/heat on yet).
- In a large mixing bowl, add whites, cream cheese, almond milk and cinnamon and whisk thoroughly.
- Put flame/heat on medium and once coconut oil is melted, pour egg white mixture into pan. Cook for approximately 5-6 minutes or until underside is golden brown. Flip omelet over in pan and cook the underside for an additional 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
- In the meantime, mix protein powder with cherry juice and almond milk until smooth. The consistency should be a little thicker than syrup, so depending upon protein used, you might need to adjust the amount of almond milk.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and pour protein mixture on top. Place cherries on top and fold omelet in half. Drizzle with the maple syrup…grab your fork…and dig in! Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per omelet (serves 1): 292 calories, 42 grams protein, 17.5 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams fat
If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.