So I’m sure that you think Carrot Cake has to be loaded with sugar and fat, right? Not when I’m in town! Sink your teeth into these mouth-watering pancakes, covered in a sweet cream cheese frosting — guilt free!! Yum! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal!
[vid file=”/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/allison-frahn-carrot-cake.mp4″ image=”/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/allison-frahn-carrot-cake.jpg” width=”640″ height=”505″]
Carrot Cake Pancake
4 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 TB shredded carrot
2 tsp raisins
1 tsp walnuts
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 packet sweetener, i.e. Stevia
1 oz. fat free cream cheese
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I like the consistency of MHP Probolic SR)
2 TB water
1 tsp vanilla extract
How to Prepare (wait until you see how incredibly simple this is!!)
- Put ALL (yes, ALL) pancake ingredients into a bowl and mix together with a spatula until well blended. Set aside.
- Coat small skillet lightly with non-stick cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. Allow to heat up for approximately 30 seconds.
- Pour batter slowly onto heated skillet and let cook for approximately 5 minutes or until bubbles form on top of pancake and underside is nice and brown. Once this occurs, flip pancake over and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until pancakes are firm and underside is also browned.
- While pancake is cooking, put all Frosting ingredients into a small bowl and whip together with a spoon until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. (You might need to add slightly more water depending upon the protein used).
- Remove pancake from skillet and put onto a plate. Generously spread the cream cheese frosting on top.
- Grab a fork and dig in to your carrot cake! Are you in Heaven? Enjoy!
Note: If the pancake is too big for you, save half for later! It’s soooo good cold too!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per serving (serves 1): 296 calories, 35 grams protein, 31 grams carbohydrates, 3.5 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.