Who doesn’t love brownies from scratch? The delicious taste and the smell as it fills your home – yum! Is your mouth watering? Now what if I told you that they were actually healthy and low in fat?! I’m sure you’re thinking that I need to head straight to the looney bin! Well, hold that thought because I’m not crazy! Just crazy about these brownies! Each muffin size brownie has only 200 calories and 5 grams of fat!!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guess work away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about ingredient swaps!
The major keys to this recipe are swapping the fatty butter and/or oil with black beans (no, don’t rub your eyes, it says black beans – trust me on this one!) and sugar with either stevia or Splenda.
|KICK TO THE CURB||SLIM PICKINIZE|
The black beans keep these brownies moist without the excess fat, while the stevia/Splenda offer all the sweetness without all the sugary calories. You won’t believe how rich and chocolatey these brownies are once you sink your teeth into them – I can’t wait for you to try them!
It’s amazing what a few simple tweaks can do. It’s all about creativity my friends and I’m excited to provide you with the know-how to do this on your own. Don’t be nervous to re-create some of your favorite recipes once you get the hang of it. You don’t have to suffer in order to eat healthy – it’s all about taste without the guilt. As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt!
It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup granulated Splenda/stevia
pinch sea salt
1/2 cup canned black beans, pureed
1/2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
2 TB peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 TB vanilla extract
How to Prepare (SO EASY!)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Put flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powde, stevia and salt in a bowl. Mix well to blend all ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, put black beans, applesauce, pumpkin, water, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk together until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Slowly pour the dry mixture from the other bowl into the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients, stirring with a spatula until all ingredients are well blended together and a smooth batter is formed.
- Lightly coat a 6-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and evenly distribute the batter into each of the cups.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool at least 15 minutes to allow brownies to fully set.
- Remove a brownie cake from the pan, sink your teeth in and…enjoy the moment(s)! Yum!
Per cake (serves 6): 200 calories, 14 grams protein, 24 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.