You can save hundreds of fat calories by simply baking versus frying certain foods… and the best part is that usually it tastes just as good, if not better (especially when you know it’s much better for you)! Typically, coconut shrimp dishes are fried and battered in tons of oil and excess flour and served with sugary dipping sauces. My version of coconut shrimp is baked with NO oil and no flour and served with a sugar-free dipping sauce! It has less than 10 grams of fat per serving. You owe it to yourself to give my version a try— I’m sure it will become a staple in your meals. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup panko crumbs (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
3 TB granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
1 TB brown rice flour (or any flour that you have on hand)
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 extra large egg
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large Ziploc bag, add shredded coconut, panko crumbs, stevia, flour, salt and pepper, and shake until thoroughly combined.
3. Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the shrimp to the bowl with the egg and mix to coat the shrimp.
5. Next, add the shrimp to the Ziploc bag, seal it, and shake vigorously to fully coat the shrimp.
6. Place the shrimp in a single layer onto a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray and bake in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning once when the shrimp are golden brown on top.
7. While the shrimp are baking, prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients and mixing well. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT