One of, if not the hardest, parts of a weight-loss program is the DIET! Don’t let your diet keep you from achieving your goals, and don’t let it ruin your social life. How do you diet and still dine out with friends and family?
Here are some dining tips:
• Find healthy choices on the menu and don’t be afraid to substitute.
• Share your meal with a friend (serving sizes are usually enough for two).
• Skip the soda and go for tea or water. You can actually make guilt-free lemonade at your table with fresh-squeezed lemons mixed with Splenda.
• Before your meal, make sure you are hydrated; drink a tall glass of water.
• Ask if they serve lunch portions.
• If the portions are large and no one can share the meal, ask the waiter to box half of your meal in advance.
• Order all dressings and seasonings on the side.
• When you get your meal, eat your veggies first.
• If you need dessert, choose coffee or some fruit with Splenda.
• STAY AWAY FROM FRIED FOOD! It’s the DEVIL.
Most restaurants have healthy options or can make a meal healthy upon request. Don’t think that you are being difficult by asking for your meal to be prepared differently than how it’s listed on the menu.