These are great for times when you need a healthy meal to go. Whether you are in need for breakfast, a snack or pre or post workout meal, these muffins are perfect option. Full of healthy fats, little to no carbs, tons of vitamins, and completely gluten free, these muffins are a great option to satisfy your taste buds and keep you slim and trim!
Gina’s Gluten Free Carrot Muffins
-4 egg whites
-1 whole egg
-1 cup of ground almonds or walnuts (or you can use almond or walnut meal)
-4 scoops vanilla protein powder
-1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
-2 tbsp coconut flakes, set aside for topping
-4 oz pureed carrots (baby food works great)
-1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
-1 tsp baking powder
-2 mini carrots or 1 large carrot
-Coconut oil Spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray lined muffin pan with coconut oil spray or non stick spray of your choice.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in blender or food processor. (nuts, protein powder, coconut flakes, baking powder)
3. Add liquid ingredients (egg whites, whole egg, carrot puree, and apple sauce) and continue mixing.
4. Add carrots and continue mixing until completely mixed and liquified.
5. Pour batter into muffin pan and sprinkle coconut flakes over top.
6. Place in the oven allow to cook for 15-20 minutes until when punctured with a toothpick, comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
*Makes 12 mini muffins and 4 servings.**