By Kassie Abouzeid
Director of Marketing & Brand Awareness, Transcend
Semaglutide, which is also known as Ozempic, is a type of medication known as a glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist. It was originally formulated and tested with the objective of controlling blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. It can also be utilized to increase the body’s metabolic rate and aid in fat loss and weight loss. It has been widely used by well-known celebrities in Hollywood in order to meet their fitness goals.
There are several potential benefits of semaglutide, including:
1. Improved blood sugar control. Studies have shown that semaglutide can significantly reduce HbA1c levels (a measure of long-term blood sugar control) in people with type 2 diabetes. In some cases, it may even allow people to stop taking other diabetes medications.
2. Weight loss. Semaglutide has been shown to cause significant weight loss in people with type 2 diabetes and may have other risk factors. This is thought to be due to its ability to reduce appetite and slow stomach emptying.
3. Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Some research suggests that semaglutide may help lower the risk of cardiovascular disease in people with type 2 diabetes. This may be due to its ability to improve blood sugar control and lower blood pressure.
4. Reduced risk of kidney disease. Semaglutide has been shown to reduce the risk of kidney disease in people with type 2 diabetes, possibly by improving blood sugar control and reducing inflammation.
5. Convenience. Semaglutide is a once-weekly injection, which may be more convenient for some people than daily oral medications or multiple daily injections.
Semaglutide is a revolutionary medication for those with type 2 diabetes, but it can also be used to promote healthy lifestyle changes. Its ability to significantly improve blood sugar control, promote weight loss, and reduce the risk of cardiovascular and kidney disease makes it a powerful tool in managing diabetes and fat loss. Its once-weekly injection format adds an extra layer of convenience for patients. However, it is important to note that semaglutide should only be used under the guidance of a health care provider who can monitor your progress and health throughout, like Transcend.
To learn more about semaglutide, please go to www.transcendcompany.com/start. Once you have filled out a patient intake form, a member of our Wellness Team will reach out to you for a free consultation to help understand how we can help you in your health journey.
For more information, visit transcendcompany.com
This article is the author’s position and doesn’t necessarily reflect the beliefs of Muscular Development magazine.