You have reached your goal and you are now satisfied with what the scale says and how your clothes fit. Now it’s time to maintain. Sometimes when we are satisfied bad, habits will creep in and put us back where we started. Here are some ways to help you maintain.
1. Stay on a healthy diet, but allow yourself to cheat occasionally. This will help you stay on track and avoid temptations. Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too, but do so in moderation.
2. Display before and after pictures to remind yourself of the process you have gone through. Remember how hard you worked and how you don’t want to start over.
3. Have someone keep you accountable. I share with my husband my goals and how I am going to achieve them. I also give him permission to bring it to my attention if I am doing something that keeps me from achieving my goal.
4. Don’t bring temptation into the house. Having children or a roommate can make this difficult. Try buying the kiddos treats they like but you don’t, or just think of the junk as poison that will kill your goal.
5. Treat yourself for maintaining your goal. Set quarterly goals and choose a reward. Make sure it is something you will work for!