More often than not, we feel like we are doing the work and NOT seeing the results! There can be many inhibitors that we aren’t aware of that are preventing our weight loss. Breaking down our everyday moves can help us figure out how to jump back on track and shed some extra pounds. Here are ten common weight-loss inhibitors that may be affecting you!
1. POOR PREPARATION. Make sure to PLAN your MEALS and WORKOUTS for the week AHEAD! Pick a day every week where you can sit down and prepare for the whole week. This week I have gone the extra mile to cook, weigh, measure and baggie all of my meals for the entire week. It took a few hours, but it helps me to stay on POINT!
2. NOT ENOUGH H20. You need to be drinking your H20 and staying hydrated! This is CRUCIAL… water helps metabolize your foods and aids in your weight-loss goals.
3. NOT ENOUGH PROTEIN. Make sure you are getting in that lean protein! Most fitness competitors consume their bodyweight in grams. Ex: If you weigh 120, try getting in 100-120 grams a day.
4. NOT ENOUGH ZZZs. We ALL need sleep. This allows our bodies to heal and prepare for the next day. Not enough sleep can inhibit our weight-loss goals! Aim for at least seven hours a night!
5. CONSUMING TOO MANY LIQUID CALORIES. Soda, juices, alcohol and anything with high amounts of sugar are NOT healthy. Even though it says fruit juice, it still contains high fructose corn syrup, which is detrimental to weight loss. Avoid these at all costs; stick with H2O to be safe!
6. SKIPPING BREAKFAST. Skipping breakfast is a bad start; after a long night’s sleep our bodies need that important meal to jumpstart our metabolism. Skipping breakfast cause you don’t have time is NOT a good excuse. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Make SURE to get a nutritious one in!
7. POOR RECORD KEEPING. Your body records what you eat! Keep a journal around and log your meals. My favorite app is My Fitness Pal. You can find different apps that help you keep tabs on what you are putting into your body.
8. SKIPPING WEIGHTS. Your body needs weights! Gaining a little muscle mass WON’T HURT, ladies! This will help you burn MORE calories throughout your WHOLE day. Cardio is great, but it only burns the amount of calories you spend doing the cardio! Muscle weighs more and helps you burn throughout the day. BE SURE to get those weights in!
9. NOT EATING CLEAN. Make sure your meals are CLEAN! If they can go bad, then they are usually clean… ex: fruit, veggies, meats, etc. Stick to the outside aisles in your grocery store, making sure the foods you buy are preservative FREE! Sometimes we believe we are eating clean because the label says so… NOT always the case. Also, control your portion sizes! You can have a nice healthy salad, but if you are consuming five of them at one sitting, it will not help your weight-loss goals! Control those portions for the BEST results!
10. GIVING UP. Weight management is NOT easy. A lot of the time we wanna give up and throw in the towel! One of my favorite quotes is, “You can throw in the towel, or use it to wipe the sweat off your face… The choice is YOURS!” ALL good things take time, it’s a matter of how hard YOU are willing to work for it :)
Be sure to reassess your weight-loss goals every few weeks and see how you can do better each time. Being healthy and fit isn’t easy, but it is SO worth it! Nothing tastes as good as skinny (fit) feels :) Remember, it took time to put it on, so it will take time to get it off! As long as you stay CONSISTENT it will come! Stay dedicated and determined!
ALWAYS remember, the “Skye’s” the LIMIT!!!