There are many myths about clean eating and exercise that many people falsely believe. As a result, they aren’t able to reach their fitness goals. If you want to look healthy and achieve that bikini body, here are some tips to follow.
1. Variety in your diet: Your body needs all types of food, and variety in your diet will provide many health and beauty benefits. For example, most people need some protein, carbs and even fat in their diets in order to build a beautiful body.
2. Rest and recovery: Good sleep and rest is necessary for progress and for your health.
3. Portions: If you eat a greater quantity of any macro, your body will not progress and will store fat. All macronutrients are necessary, and in my opinion it is important to eat all types of food.
4. Adjust your diet as necessary: A very strict diet that leaves you starving all the time is not a good long-term solution for reducing weight. Be smart when you design your diet— try to be creative and be realistic with your food selection. I recommend small portioned meals that include carbs, fat and protein.
5. Don’t skip meals: You don’t gain weight when you have dinner; you gain weight when your calorie intake is higher than your needs. When you don’t eat, your metabolism slows down and you may store body fat.
6. Watch your liquid calories: Some people have a very strict diet but drink juices with many calories and lots of sugar. Be careful with this and make sure to drink enough water. Water is necessary for your overall health and for hydrating when you do exercise.
7. Believe in the process: Don’t expect to look 50 pounds lighter in two weeks! Have discipline and be consistent, and you’ll see results.
8. Be smart when you cook: Remember that every flavor, oil and added ingredient can increase calories and macros.
9. Don’t do hours and hours of cardio: Cardio helps to burn calories, but is not the only solution for weight loss— you also need to life weights! Lifting weights helps to build muscle, activates your metabolism, and burns a lot of calories!!
I hope this guide helps! Remember to be patient and believe in the process!