Hello beautiful FitnessRx Women!
Today we are going to train chest! It’s very important to know the exercises that are safe and effective for training chest as women! It is a common muscle group I hear a lot of women skip, but that’s a mistake. Forgoing training chest will not only cause your physique to be off balance, it can also result in bad posture and possible injury. If you continue to train your back, arms, shoulders etc. and don’t include chest, you may easily injure yourself when you perform everyday movements that require this muscle group to engage.
So let’s get training and keep our physiques balanced and injury free!
Heather’s Chest Training Day
Medicine Ball Push-ups
3 sets/12 reps
• Start in regular push-up position with a medicine ball on the ground in front of you
• Keep one hand on the ground, one hand on the medicine ball
• Perform push-up movement, exploding upward and alternating hands on medicine ball
• Keep hips tucked under you and do not let lower back fall toward floor
• Always keep abs engaged during entire set
Seated Cable Incline Chest Press
3 sets/12 reps
• Using a free-motion cable machine incline bench to 45 degrees
• Press cables directly upward engaging chest muscles
• Slowly return arms to 90 degrees
• Keep abs tight and back flat against bench
Incline Chest Flyes
2 sets/12 reps
• Lie flat on a 45-degree bench
• Using dumbbells, open arms directly out to sides
• Contracting your pec muscles, pull arms back together directly overhead
• Keep abs tight and breathe throughout exercise