Today, I want to share with you 39 keys for successful, fit living. These are the things that have helped me to focus on what’s important and not get bogged down by the busyness of life. There is an overload of information being thrown at us and our responsibilities are always growing. We must use our time and energy wisely to achieve the success we want with fitness, business, family or whatever else. My 39 keys have helped me to look, feel and be better—I hope they do the same for you:
1. Lift weights.
2. Do sprints.
3. Eat vegetables at every meal.
4. Drink 3-5 liters of water per day.
5. Don’t text and drive.
6. Check your email in bunches and only 1-2 times per day.
7. Write down your goals and look at them in the morning and before bed.
8. Do something each day that takes you out of your comfort zone.
9. Be ruthless with your time.
10. Sleep on nice sheets.
11. Swing a kettlebell.
12. Push a Prowler.
13. Work out with people stronger and more fit than you.
14. Work out with other people, period.
15. When your first response is to say, “I can’t,” think about why you’re really saying that. Most likely you “can,” you just don’t want to because it’s uncomfortable.
16. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
17. Get a massage at least once a month.
18. See a chiropractor.
19. Tell people how you really feel.
20. Shut down your computer, phone or iPad at least 30 minutes before you want to go to sleep.
21. Read 2-4 books every month.
22. Take a few minutes each day to reflect on what you did well and what you can improve.
23. Put yourself in other people’s shoes once and a while.
24. Remember that you never know what’s going on in someone’s life, so don’t take anything personally.
25. Hang out with kids—it puts life into perspective.
26. Tell your loved ones that you love them.
27. Stop doing so much boring cardio.
28. Find a stadium and sprint the stairs.
29. Enjoy a treat meal 1-2 times per week.
30. Decide what your perfect day would be and work to get closer to that every day.
31. If you hate your job, quit and find a new one. Yes, it can be done.
32. Make time for family and friends.
33. Don’t just live for the weekends–make every day great.
34. Make one person smile every day.
35. Sing in the car.
36. If you want to get nice arms, do push-ups and pull-ups.
37. Remember…you don’t get bulky from lifting weights; you get bulky from staying fat.
38. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.