Hey guys! This week, I wanted to talk about one of the most important factors to having a fit, beautiful and healthy physique: HYDRATION. We all know proper water intake is essential for the following: performance, brain function, energy levels, healthy skin, digestion, transportation of nutrients, weight loss and much more!
Let’s be honest, though… it’s hard to remember to drink eight glasses a day, right? Especially if you’re like me and LOVE to drink caffeinated beverages, you’ll need to drink even MORE than a gallon to give you proper levels of body fluid! What I’ve done is compile a list below of my personal tips to help you drink the amount of water your body needs…
1. Make it part of your morning routine to chug 1/4 gallon upon waking!
2. Fill a gallon the night before so you have it ready for the next day.
3. Keep a gallon of filtered water in the trunk of your car at all times.
4. Add pure lemon juice and stevia extract to your water for a sugar-free lemonade (this is also great for cleansing the liver!)
5. For every caffeinated beverage you have, drink 8 ounces of water immediately after.
6. Add Stevia extract drops, Minute Maid drops, or Dasani drops for flavor!
7. Add a scoop of de-caffeinated aminos, such as Gaspari Nutrition Aminolast (also great for muscle recovery and protein synthesis!).
8. Squeeze a small bit of fruit or herb in your water: lemon, cucumber, strawberry, orange, mint, lime or kiwi (your water will taste super refreshing!).
If you have any questions, comments, or have your own personal tips you’d like to share on staying hydrated, leave me a comment on Facebook or Instagram! You can also visit my website ashleykfit.com for more tips and tricks to a healthy fitness body! Hope you have a super productive rest of your week!