Have you ever wondered why your body keeps yo-yoing, and going through phases of quick weight loss or weight gain? Often times, when we have an important date coming up, we tend to go to the extremes to drop weight quickly. However, this tactic can actually wreak havoc on our metabolism, and send that scale right back up after the big day!
Rather than go back and forth with extreme dieting or indulging, work on being more consistent with your diet and training. This will not only help you keep unwanted weight off the healthy way, but will also keep your mood and self-esteem up on a consistent basis! Follow these eight rules of thumb when getting back on track so you’re living a fit lifestyle!
1. Aim to do your workouts and cardio around the same time every day. The more routine they are, the less of a headache you’ll have planning for them!
2. Keep your diet consistent, and adjust moderately according to how your body looks or your energy levels. You can enjoy indulgences in moderation, but get right back on your plan without skipping meals, nutrients or healthy macros!
3. Push yourself in the gym by switching it up or adding intensity. The more you keep your body guessing, the more changes you’ll see!
4. Be aware when you notice yourself thinking negatively like, “I’m fat, I have to lose weight, diet, and kill myself in the gym.” Rather, think more positively, smile and be good to yourself saying, “Time to get back on my happy, balanced routine! I can’t wait to have all my meals prepped, and push myself at the gym today!”
5. Have your meals weighed and prepped in the fridge/freezer so you don’t have to think about your next meal. It’ll save you so much grief! If you feel like your diet is getting boring, switch it up by keeping healthy substitutes available rather than over indulging on bad food.
6. Think of food as fuel, not calories or filling an emotional void. Real, healthy food on a consistent plan helps your body BURN fat, REPAIR your muscles, BUILD a healthy metabolism, and REPLENISH your nutrients! Food is your ally, not your enemy!
7. Keep your gallon ready and filled at all times so you can gauge how much you’re actually drinking. It’s very easy not to drink enough, and water plays a HUGE role in both weight loss, our physical appearance and overall health!
8. If you’re dreading going to the gym, try following a plan with a partner, going to that new spin class in the dark or even a hike! Try something that excites you, or go with someone who makes it fun! Fitness/exercise should be a rejuvenating ESCAPE for your day, not a chore.
If you have any other tips that keep you on track, I’d love to hear them! Drop me a comment on my Facebook or Instagram, and I’ll respond right away! Be sure to check out my 12-week Bikini Transformation Program available now at AshleykFit.com! Wishing you all an amazing, healthy, and productive rest of your week!